Roger qualified as a CEDR mediator in 1993 and has attended in the region of 100 mediations either as a participant or mediator.
He is happy to mediate and arbitrate in the following areas:
- Insurance and reinsurance coverage
- Insurance and reinsurance claims
- Professional Indemnity
- Commercial risk more generally
- Undue influence
- Product liability
- Public liability
- Personal Injury and clinical negligence
- Personal accident and healthcare
- Public sector
- Construction and engineering
- Consumer and Sale of Goods
- Family, separation and divorce
Mediation style and approach
With his experience of running literally hundreds of cases, Roger is particularly well placed to understand and appreciate the key interpersonal, commercial and legal issues preventing settlement of even the most complex dispute and then to think laterally through the issues with a view to facilitating settlement.
Where necessary, he is robust and forthright but his general style is relaxed and extremely client friendly.
Roger is always happy to discuss fees. He appreciates that what is reasonable depends on the size and complexity of the dispute, and the ability of the parties to pay.